Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rematch Game #2 In Aberdeen.....

The Blades dressed a simular line-up to Thursday's one..some of the changes I hear of are: Matthew Krahn was in goal(not sure if it was the entire game or not) Travis Toomey also was dressed as well as Teigan Zahn. The Blades had a 3-1 lead going into the 2nd period. The shots were 59-17 in favor of the Blades. The final score was: Blades 6 Raiders 2. With this win the Blades won both of their exibition games against their rivals from the north. The three stars were:1st star Duncan Seimens, 2nd star Tyler Matheson,3rd star was Daniel Dale of the Raiders.

The Blades are 2-0 in Exhibition play so far and they will take on the Medicine Hat Tigers on September 5th at the same Aberdeen Rec Plex. Now to talk about some of the Blades players....I am very glad that Duncan Seimens and Brent Benson are now old enough to play for the Blades because they are obviously good players and I think that Tyler Matheson will make the team based on his early performance... I think he is certainly making a case for the Blades to keep him around. The Blades and Adam Morrison will have to be ready because I think that there is going to be a battle for the back-up goalie spot Chris Sharkey,Tyler Oswald and Matthew Krahn all seem like they could handle being a back-up goalie in the WHL. I am really looking forward to this season... Oh wait have I said that before? Of course I have, but I am really looking forward to this season now. I hope to see the game on Sept 5th. If not then I will be at the game on the 11th because I think it is at the CUC.

No comments:

Post a Comment