Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blades Gameday VS Warriors..... Gogol Suspended for 3 games. 3 Home Games Left Before The Playoffs!!!!!!!

I am just reading now that Curt Gogol was suspended for an "attack" on the Hitmen's Zak Stebner. I guess we will have to wait until the playoffs to see him again. He may be used sparing ly though.

With that being said, the Blades being one of the tougher teams to play against...they will have to be careful AND NOT TAKE STUPID PENALTIES!!!!!!!!!

The Blades are still battling it out with the Brandon Wheat Kings for 1st in the Eastern Division and 2nd spot in the conference as well.

Only 3 points separates the two teams. There still can be movement in the standings because some teams have as many as 4 games left.

This will be the first game that Blades fans will be able to see Lukas Sutter,and Darren Dietz. (if they play) The chances are good that we will be able to see them strut their stuff.

If the playoffs started today Saskatoon would play Red Deer...If this happens I would be very excited to travel to Red Deer.

There are 5 teams that the Blades could face...Kootenay,Red Deer,Medicine Hat,Moose Jaw and Swift Current.

In order for the Blades to face Medicine Hat, the Tigers would have to drop 2 spots..I do not think that is going to happen..you never know. hahaha


In order for the Blades to face Kootenay in the 1st round the Rebels and would have to trade places. This is very much a possibility because only 3 points separates the two teams... If I were the Blades I would not want to face Kootenay but anything can happen in the second season.

In order for the Blades to play the Warriors they would have to take over 2nd place. Somewhat of a stretch but it could be done.. I would LOVE to see games in the Crushed Can because oddly enough I have never seen a hockey game in Moose Jaw.

Swift Current would have to some impressive standings climbing in order to face the Blades in the first round.

Whoever the Blades are matched with in the 1st round will give them a challenge.


Just a reminder again the Blades play the Warriors tonight at the CUC and for the last time Blades fans will be able to see Jordan Eberle in a Pats jersey on Wednesday night!!!!!!!!!!!


The Blades once again close out the season with a home and home against the Prince Albert Raiders.


Here is my question to you.... Who would you want the Blades to battle in the 1st round of the 2010 WHL Playoffs?


As for me? I do not really care but I would prefer a team whose arena I have not seen a game in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment