Friday, May 29, 2009

Kelowna falls to Windsor in Memorial Cup Final

I know this is old news and one may ask why it is only being posted now? Well the answer to that is my computer broke down and is in the shop getting fixed. About the game. This is the first time in a while that a team who lost the first 2 games of the tournament fought back and won the Memorial cup. Everyone knew that the Spitfires would have more than enough motivation to try and win it all. They had that motivation all season long and yes I am talking about former Spitfires captain Mickey Renaud who collapsed suddenly in his home. The Spitfires hounoured him by hanging his jersey in the locker room and on the bench at the Memorial Cup. Windsor was congradulated at the Wings/Blackhawks game 5 in Detroit. Kelowna was also welcomed home even though they did not win the big game. Kelowna fans were still proud of their team.

As I mentioned in my last update that I took in the Saturday on ice portion of the spring camp. I liked very much what I saw. There will be some rookies looking to battle and grab a spot on the team,so those line combos that I made for next season you can probably forget about those.

I am VERY excited for the start of the season!!!!!! The next important event that I can think of is the NHL draft on June 26th and 27th (and I think that it would be safe to say that Lorne Molleken will be in attendance) and CHL Import Draft which happens on my 21st birthday June 30th.

Again the Blades can still pick a player but they can only use this player if overage euro Milan Kytnar does not sign with the Oilers and if Kytnar still wants to play for the Blades and not retun home. I hope he does return and plays for the Blades next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment